Any person planning to apply for DIN shall have to fill in the eForm DIR-3 and should follow the following procedure:
Scanned and duly attached copy of the following:-
Details given in the supporting documents that are submitted along with DIN application should match accordingly. Any mismatch will lead to rejection of DIN application.
Documents required in case of foreign nationals
Details of a valid passport should be filled in form DIR-3 and a certified copy of same should be attached with DIN application.
All supporting documents including photograph should be certified by the Indian Embassy or a notary in the home country of the applicant or by the practicing chartered accountant or company secretary or cost accountant.
If a foreign director has a valid multiple entry Indian visa or Person of Indian Origin card or Overseas Citizen of India card, then the attestation could also be done by Public Notary / Gazetted Officer in India or practicing CA / CS / CWA.
- E-form DIR-3 has to follow the common offline e-Filing process
- Attach the photograph and scanned copy of supporting documents i.e. attested proof of identity and attested proof of residence as prescribed under the rules
- Physical documents are not required to be submitted at the DIN cell
- Form DIR-3 is mandatorily to be signed by the Applicant and a Practicing professional or Secretary (who is a member of ICSI) in whole time employment or the Director of the existing company in which the applicant is proposed to be the director
Further eForm shall be digitally signed and uploaded on the MCA21 portal. Applicant is required to get himself/herself registered on the MCA21 Portal to obtain login id, which is necessary for upload of the forms and payment of the applicable fees.
After obtaining the login-id, Login to the MCA21 portal and click on 'eForm upload' link available under the 'eForms' tab for uploading the eForm DIR-3.
- Upon upload, make the payment of filing fee of eForm DIR-3. Only electronic payment of the fees shall be allowed (i.e. Net banking / Credit Card/Debit Card/Pay later/ Neft). eForm DIR-3 will be processed only once the DIN application fee is paid.
- After successful payment, an approved DIN shall be generated in case the details of the eForm have not been identified as potential duplicate. Provisional DIN shall be generated in case the details of the eform have been found as potential duplicate. A suitable informational message will be given to the user in this regard in the receipt.
- Verification of eForm: - In case, details of eForm DIR-3 are found as potential duplicate, the same gets routed to DIN cell for back office processing. Upon approval of the form, provisional DIN becomes approved DIN and would be available for further use.
- High-resolution photograph of the applicant
- PAN card
- Copy of passport (compulsory as a source of id proof in case of foreign nationals)
- Present Address proof which should not be older than 2 months
- Verification in Form No. DIR-4 as per the format given on the website
Click here to Get Register under Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- How to Change DIN (Director Identification Number) Details
- Foreign Directors/Partners
- Director Identification Number (DIN)
- Foreign(NRI) Director in a Private Limited Company
- How to Surrender DIN
- Registration Procedure for a Public Limited Company
- Enrollment on GST portal
- How to Register a One Person Company
- What is a Digital Signature Certificate?
- Mandatory KYC of All Company Directors by 31st August 2018 MCA