The requirement for registering a company depends on the type of company that you are looking forward to getting registered. However, there are certain common requirements across all types.
There are different types of Companies like Private Limited Company, Limited Liability Partnership (LLP), One Person Company (OPC), Nidhi Company, Public Company, Partnership, etc.
The following are the standard requirements for all the Companies; the minimum requirements are as follows:
- A company Name needs to be chosen.
- You should have a valid company address.
- Directors and shareholders to be chosen according to the need of the company registration.
- MOA (Memorandum of Association) that is created should have details of the initial shareholders.
- AOA (Article of Association) needs to be submitted with the information about the rules and the workings of the company written in it.
- Certificate of Incorporation to be obtained from ROC (Registrar of Company)
The standard Documents that are required for registering a Company are as follows;
1. Identity Proof
A copy of PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card is mandatory to be submitted.
An address proof is also to be submitted; it can be a copy of either of the following:
- Election/Voter Card
- Ration Card
- Driving License
- Electricity/Telephone Bill
- Aadhar Card
The documents should contain the details of the Applicant only.
- Latest Passport size photograph either in hardcopy or softcopy. For your own good, always carry a hardcopy of passport size photo.
- Details about the current occupation.
- Email ID of the Applicant.
- Contact details(Mobile/Landline number)
- Educational Qualification and documents of the same.
- The Verification duly signed by the applicant.
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) form duly signed by the applicant. The signature on the photo must be across the full frame.
- Director Identification Number (DIN) to be assigned at the time of Company Registration
All the documents are required to be Self-attested, and the ID-proof and Address-Proof is needed to be attested by a Gazetted officer or a Bank Manager or Post Master
2. For Foreign National:
- ID Proof: Copy of Passport is mandatory.
- Address Proof: It should not be older than one year from the date of filing the form.
Rest of the documents is same as required by an Indian National; however, for a foreign national, all the documents are to be notarized.
Documents required for the registered office are:
- Scanned & printed copy of the latest Bank Statement/Phone Bill/Electricity Bill/Gas Bill
- A copy of Notarized rental agreement
- NOC (No-objection Certificate from the property owner)
- In case of owned property, a scanned copy of Sale Deed/Property Deed is needed
Click here to know Company Incorporation Requirments
- How to Register a DIN Number and Perform a Search?
- Foreign Directors/Partners
- Obtaining a DIN (As per MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS 21)
- Documents required for company registration
- Documents Required for GST Registration
- FAQ on Adding/Removing a Director to a Company
- Requirements for Private Limited Company Formation
- How to Register a One Person Company
- Registration Procedure for a Public Limited Company
- Documents Required to Register a Company: The Complete Checklist