The generation of UAN is done by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) and is authenticated by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. The current rate applicable to the EPF contributions is 8.5% (FY 2020-21).
How to know your UAN?
There are two simple ways through which you can know your UAN:-
1. Through your employer:- It is quite likely that you will be allotted a UAN by your employer, as per the EPFO. Some organisations/employers even print the UAN in the salary slips.
2. Through the UAN Portal- If you have not received your UAN from your employer, you can obtain it through the UAN Portal online. You can follow these simple steps to get your UAN from the portal:-
Login to the EPFO Member Portal - UAN Login
In order to login and activate your UAN, you must possess your own Universal Account Number and PF member ID.
You can log in to the EPFO member portal by following these simple steps:-
1. Visit the official EPFO Homepage, and then under the ‘Services’ section, click on the ‘For Employees’ option (link- https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/)
2. Click on ‘Member UAN/Online services’ in the services section. You shall then reach the UAN Portal.
3. After entering the UAN Portal, click on ‘Activate UAN’ under the ‘important links’ section. Enter your UAN, or PAN Number/ Aadhar Number/Member ID, name, Date of Birth, mobile number, email id, and then captcha code.
Click on ‘Get authorisation PIN’. You shall then receive the PIN on your registered mobile number.
4, Enter the OTP you received on your registered mobile number, and click on ‘I Agree’ under the disclaimer checkbox. Finally, click on ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’.
After having activated tour UAN, you shall be receiving a password on your registered mobile number, through which you can access your account.
ACCESS YOUR UAN PASSBOOK ONLINE:-
If you are a registered member of the UAN Portal, you can easily view and access your passbook online. If you are a new applicant and are registering yourself for the first time in the portal, you will have to wait six hours after registration to view your passbook online.
You can access your UAN Passbook online by following these simple steps:-
1. Visit the official EPF Portal (link- https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/). Click on ‘Our Services’ on the dashboard and click on the ‘For Employees’ Link.
2. Click on the link of ‘Member Passbook’.
3. Enter your user name, password, and captcha code, and finally hit ‘Login’.
4. You shall be able to view your EPFO Passbook.