According to NICE Classification, Trademark Class 6 is opted to register a trademark for unwrought and partly wrought common metals as well as simple products made of them.
The NICE Classification was established in 1957 by NICE Agreement, and it divides marks into 45 different classes by Goods and Services (Classes 1-34 for Goods and Classes 35-45 for Services). The purpose of these classifications is to allow users to seek trademark goods or services into classes most appropriate to their business.
TM Class 6 includes mainly unwrought and partly wrought common metals as well as simple products made of them.
Why Should We Opt For TM Class 6?
You would choose Trademark Class 6 if you were registering any of these types of goods:
- Aluminium wire
- Aluminium foil
- Balls of steel
- Badges of metal for vehicles
- Cashboxes of metal
You would not use Trademark Class 6 if you were registering for:
- Bauxite (Class 1 - Chemicals)
- Mercury, antimony, alkaline and alkaline-earth metals (Class 1 - Chemicals)
- Metals in foil and powder form for painters, decorators, printers and artists (Class 2 - Paints)
A related trademark class is one that is related to another class; this is due to the Indian Trademark Office (ITO) has determined that applicants registering within Class 6 may register in these other classes too.
If you are not sure while choosing Class 6 for your product, you also consider the following “Related Classes”: Class 1- Chemicals, Class 5- Pharmaceuticals, Class 6- Common Metals and Alloy, Class 19- Building Materials, Class 14- Jewellery, Precious Metals and Stones, Class 20- Furniture and Plastic Goods, and Class 22- Ropes, Sacks and Bags.
Trademark Registration fees also vary on bases of the Class system. You must pay a separate registration fee for each class of goods and services that you want to register. For instance, if you are going to register a trademark for Pharmaceuticals in Class 5 and Dental Instruments and Apparatus for Class 10, you should pay two separate fees.
It is necessary to choose the correct class at the time of registering a trademark, if you register a trademark in the wrong class, you must start the registration process from the beginning.
List of All Goods Covered Under TM Class 6
- Metals, advertisement columns of metal, alloys of common metal, anti-friction metal, arbours [structures of metal], armoured doors of metal / armored doors of metal, aviaries of metal [structures], badges of metal for vehicles, bands of metal for tying-up purposes / wrapping or binding bands of metal, barrel hoops of metal, barrels of metal, bars for metal railings, baskets of metal, bathtub grab bars of metal, beacons of metal, non-luminous, bed casters of metal, machine belt fasteners of metal, belt stretchers of metal, bicycle parking installations of metal, binding screws of metal for cables, binding thread of metal for agricultural purposes, bindings of metal, bird baths [structures of metal], blooms [metallurgy], bolts of metal, bottle caps of metal / capsules of metal for bottles / sealing caps of metal for bottles, bottle closures of metal / bottle fasteners of metal, bottles [metal containers]for compressed gas or liquid air, box fasteners of metal, boxes of common metal, braces of metal for handling loads / braces of metal for load handling / harness of metal for handling loads / harness of metal for load handling, brackets of metal for building, branching pipes of metal, broom handles of metal, buckles of common metal [hardware], building materials of metal, building boards of metal / building panels of metal, buildings, transportable, of metal, buildings of metal, busts of common metal, cabanas of metal, cable joints of metal, non-electric / cable linkages of metal, non-electric, cables of metal, non-electric, metal cages for wild animals, casement windows of metal, cashboxes of metal, casings of metal for oilwells, cask stands of metal, casks of metal, ceilings of metal, chains of metal, chests of metal for food / meat safes of metal, chests of metal / bins of metal, chicken-houses of metal, chimney cowls of metal, chimney pots of metal, chimney shafts of metal, chimneys of metal, clips of metal for cables and pipes, closures of metal for containers, clothes hooks of metal, collars of metal for fastening pipes, common metals, unwrought or semi-wrought, containers of metal for storing acids, containers of metal [storage, transport], containers of metal for compressed gas or liquid air, containers of metal for liquid fuel, cornices of metal, cotter pins of metal, couplings of metal for chains, cramps of metal [crampons]/ crampons of metal [cramps], crash barriers of metal for roads, diving boards of metal, door stops of metal / gate stops of metal, door bells of metal, non-electric, door knockers of metal, door handles of metal, door panels of metal, door bolts of metal, door frames of metal / door casings of metal, door fittings of metal, doors of metal, drain pipes of metal, drain traps [valves]of metal, duckboards of metal, ducts of metal, for central heating installations / ducts and pipes of metal for central heating installations / pipes of metal, for central heating installations, ducts of metal for ventilating and air conditioning installations, elbows of metal for pipes, enclosures of metal for tombs, fences of metal, ferrules of metal for walking sticks, ferrules of metal for handles, ferrules of metal, figurines [statuettes]of common metal / statuettes of common metal, filings of metal, fittings of metal for windows, fittings of metal for building, fittings of metal for compressed air ducts, fittings of metal for coffins, fittings of metal for furniture, fittings of metal for beds, flanges of metal [collars], flashing of metal, for building, floating docks of metal, for mooring boats, floating containers of metal, floor tiles of metal, floors of metal, foils of metal for wrapping and packaging, foundry molds [moulds]of metal, frames of metal for building, framework of metal for building, materials of metal for funicular railway permanent ways, furnace fireguards of metal, furniture casters of metal, gates of metal, girders of metal, gratings of metal / grilles of metal, grave slabs of metal / tomb slabs of metal, greenhouse frames of metal, greenhouses of metal, transportable, guard rails of metal, gutter pipes of metal, handling pallets of metal, hinges of metal, hooks [metal hardware], hooks for slate [metal hardware], hooks of metal for clothes rails, hoppers of metal, non-mechanical, house numbers of metal, non-luminous, ice moulds of metal, identification bracelets of metal, identity plates of metal, ingots of common metal, insect screens of metal, ironmongery* / hardware* of metal, small, jalousies of metal, jets of metal, joists of metal, junctions of metal for pipes, knife handles of metal, knobs of metal, ladders of metal, latch bars of metal, latches of metal, laths of metal, latticework of metal / trellis of metal, letter boxes of metal, letters and numerals of common metal, except type, linings of metal [building]/ cladding of metal for construction and building, lintels of metal, loading pallets of metal, loading gauge rods, of metal, for railway waggons / loading gauge rods, of metal, for railway wagons, locks of metal, other than electric, locks of metal for vehicles, locks of metal for bags, manhole covers of metal, manifolds of metal for pipelines, masts of metal, memorial plates of metal / memorial plaques of metal, metals in powder form*, mobile boarding stairs of metal for passengers, monuments of metal, monuments of metal for tombs, mooring bollards of metal, mooring buoys of metal, mouldings of metal for cornices / moldings of metal for cornices, nozzles of metal, nuts of metal, ores of metal, outdoor blinds of metal, packaging containers of metal, paint spraying booths of metal / booths of metal for spraying paint, palings of metal, partitions of metal, paving blocks of metal, paving slabs of metal, pegs of metal, penstock pipes of metal, pigsties of metal, pillars of metal for buildings, pipe muffs of metal, pipework of metal, pitons of metal, platforms, prefabricated, of metal, plugs of metal / bungs of metal, poles of metal, porches of metal [building], posts of metal, posts of metal for power lines / poles of metal for power lines, pot hooks of metal, prefabricated houses [kits]of metal, preserving boxes of metal / preserve tins / tin cans, props of metal, pulleys of metal, other than for machines, pyrophoric metals, rails of metal, railway material of metal, railway sleepers of metal / railroad ties of metal, reels of metal, non-mechanical, for flexible hoses, refractory construction materials of metal, registration plates of metal / numberplates of metal, reinforcing materials, of metal, for concrete, reinforcing materials of metal for pipes, reinforcing materials of metal for building, reinforcing materials of metal for machine belts, rings of metal / stop collars of metal, rings of common metal for keys, rivets of metal, rocket launching platforms of metal, rods of metal for brazing, rods of metal for brazing and welding, rods of metal for welding, roof flashing of metal, roof gutters of metal, roof coverings of metal, roofing tiles of metal, roofing of metal, roofing of metal, incorporating solar cells, rope thimbles of metal, ropes of metal, runners of metal for sliding doors, safety chains of metal, scaffolding of metal, screw tops of metal for bottles, screws of metal, scythe handles of metal, sealing caps of metal, sheaf binders of metal, sheet piles of metal / pilings of metal, sheets and plates of metal, shuttering of metal for concrete, shutters of metal, signalling panels, non-luminous and non-mechanical, of metal, signboards of metal, signs, non-luminous and non-mechanical, of metal, for roads, signs, non-luminous and non-mechanical, of metal, sills of metal, silos of metal, skating rinks [structures of metal], slabs of metal for building, sleeves [metal hardware], slings of metal for handling loads, soldering wire of metal, springs [metal hardware], stables of metal, stair treads [steps]of metal, staircases of metal, statues of common metal, step stools of metal, steps [ladders]of metal, stops of metal, strap-hinges of metal, straps of metal for handling loads / belts of metal for handling loads / straps of metal for load handling, street gutters of metal, stretchers for metal bands [tension links], stringers [parts of staircases]of metal, swimming pools [metal structures], tanks of metal / reservoirs of metal, tantalum [metal], taps for casks of metal, telegraph posts of metal, telephone booths of metal / telephone boxes of metal, tent pegs of metal, thread of metal for tying-up purposes, tile floorings of metal, tiles of metal for building, tombs of metal, tombstone plaques of metal, tombstone stelae of metal, tool handles of metal, tool boxes of metal, empty, tool chests of metal, empty, towel dispensers, fixed, of metal, transport pallets of metal, trays of metal, tree protectors of metal, troughs of metal for mixing mortar, tubbing of metal, tubes of metal / pipes of metal, turnstiles of metal, valves of metal, other than parts of machines, vats of metal, vaults of metal [burial], vice claws of metal, vice benches of metal, wainscotting of metal, wall plugs of metal, wall claddings of metal [building], wall linings of metal [building], wall tiles of metal, washers of metal, water-pipe valves of metal, water-pipes of metal, weather- or wind-vanes of metal / weather vanes of metal / wind vanes of metal, white metal, wind-driven bird-repelling devices made of metal, winding spools of metal, non-mechanical, for flexible hoses, window stops of metal / sash fasteners of metal for windows, window fasteners of metal, window frames of metal, windows of metal, wire of common metal, wire of common metal alloys, except fuse wire, works of art of common metal.
- Alloys, aluminium, aluminium wire, aluminium foil, anchor plates / tie plates, anchors, angle irons, anvils, anvils [portable], armour-plating / armor-plating, balls of steel, barbed wire, beak-irons [bick-irons], bells for animals, bells, beryllium [glucinium]/ glucinium [beryllium], bolts, flat, brass, unwrought or semi-wrought, brazing alloys, bronze, bronzes for tombstones / monuments of bronze for tombs, bronzes [works of art], building or furniture fittings of nickel-silver, cadmium, cast steel, cast iron, unwrought or semi-wrought, cattle chains, celtium [hafnium]/ hafnium [celtium], cermets, chill-moulds [foundry]/ chill-molds [foundry], chrome iron, chrome ores, chromium, cobalt, raw, copper, unwrought or semi-wrought, copper rings, copper wire, not insulated, crampons [climbing irons], door scrapers / foot scrapers, door closers, non-electric / door springs, non-electric, door openers, non-electric, eye bolts / screw rings, firedogs [andirons], fish plates [rails], galena [ore], german silver, germanium, gold solder, grease nipples, handcuffs, horseshoe nails, indium, iron slabs, iron, unwrought or semi-wrought, iron strip / hoop iron, iron wire, iron ores, ironwork for windows, ironwork for doors, keys, lead seals, lead, unwrought or semi-wrought, limonite, lock bolts, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum iron, molybdenum, nails, nickel, nickel-silver, niobium, padlocks, pins [hardware], railway points / railway switches, roller blinds of steel, safes [strong boxes], safety cashboxes, shims, silicon iron, silver solder, silver-plated tin alloys, spring locks, spurs, steel, unwrought or semi-wrought, steel alloys, steel strip / hoop steel, steel wire, steel masts, steel sheets, steel tubes / steel pipes, steel buildings, stretchers for iron bands [tension links], tacks [nails]/ brads, telpher cables, tension links, tin, tinfoil, tinplate packings, tinplate, titanium iron / ferrotitanium, titanium, tombac, traps for wild animals, tungsten iron, tungsten, turntables [railways], vanadium, wheel clamps [boots], window pulleys / sash pulleys, window casement bolts, window openers, non-electri, window closers, non-electric, wire cloth / wire gauze, wire stretchers [tension links], wire rope, zinc, zirconium.
- Trademark Class 19: Building Materials
- Trademark Class 20: Furniture
- Trademark Class 29: Meat, Fish Poultry
- Trademark Class 14: Precious Metals
- Multi-class Trademark Application
- Trademark Class 7: Machines & Tools
- Trademark Class 21: Household Utensils
- Trademark Class 11: Appliances
- Trademark Classes
- Trademark Class 17: Rubber Products