According to NICE Classification, Trademark Class 1 is opted to register a trademark for Chemicals used in Industry and Agriculture.
The NICE Classification was established in 1957 by NICE Agreement, and it divides marks into 45 different classes by Goods and Services (Classes 1-34 for Goods and Classes 35-45 for Services). The purpose of these classifications is to allow users to seek trademark goods or services into classes most appropriate to their business.
TM Class 1 includes chemical products used in industry, science and agriculture, including those that go to the making of products belonging to other classes.
Why Should We Opt For TM Class 1?
You would choose Trademark Class 1 if you were registering any of these types of goods:
- Chemicals used in industry, science and photography, as well as in agriculture, horticulture and forestry
- Unprocessed artificial resins, unprocessed plastics; manures
- Fire extinguishing compositions
- Tempering and soldering preparations
- Chemical substances for preserving foodstuffs
- Tanning substances; adhesives used in industry
You would not use Trademark Class 1 if you were registering for:
- Natural resins (Class 2)
- Chemical products for use in medical science (Class 5)
- Fungicides, herbicides and preparations for destroying vermin (Class 5)
- Adhesives for stationery or household purposes (Class 16)
- salt for preserving foodstuffs (Class 30)
- Straw mulch (Class 31)
A related trademark class is one that is related to another class; this is due to the Indian Trademark Office (ITO) has determined that applicants registering within Class 1 may register in these other classes too.
If you are not sure while choosing Class 1 for your product, you also consider the following “Related Classes”: Class 4- Oils and Lubricants, Class 5- Pharmaceuticals, Class 17- Rubber Products, Class 35- Advertising and Business Services, Class 42- Science and Technical Services, and Class 44- Medical and Beauty Services.
Trademark Registration fees also vary on bases of the Class system. You must pay a separate registration fee for each class of goods and services that you want to register. For instance, if you are going to register a trademark for Hardware in Class 6 and Software for Class 9, you should pay two separate fees.
It is necessary to choose the correct class at the time of registering a trademark, if you register a trademark in the wrong class, you must start the registration process from the beginning.
List of All Goods Covered Under TM Class 1
- Filtering media of the chemical and the non-chemical substances included in the class, filtering preparations used for beverages industry, filtering materials (vegetable substances), filtering materials (unprocessed plastics), filtering materials (mineral substances), filtering materials (chemical preparations), for use as filtering media, ceramic materials in particulate form, activated carbons.
- Chemical preparations and materials used for film, photography and printing, X-ray films, unexposed, toning salts (photography), toning baths (photography), solutions used for cyanotype, sensitized plates for offset printing/sensitized printing plates used for offset, sensitized photographic plates, sensitized films, sensitized but not exposed/cinematographic films, sensitized but not exposed, sensitized but not exposed, self-toning paper (photography), reducing agents for use in photography, photosensitive plates chemical preparations for use in photography, photographic sensitizers, photographic emulsions, photographic developers, pectin(photography), gelatine used for photographic purposes, gallnuts, gallic acid used for the manufacture of ink, fixing solutions (photography), fixing baths (photography), ferrotype plates (photography), diazo paper/diazo papers, collodion, cloth for photography, cinematographic film, blueprint paper, blueprint cloth, baryta paper, albumenized paper.
- Unprocessed/ natural plastics, plastisol, compositions for the manufacture of phonograph records, plasticizers, unprocessed, dispersions of plastics.
- Chemical compositions and materials used in cosmetics, emollients used for industrial purposes.
- Adhesives for use in industry, mastic for tyres /cement for pneumatic, adhesives used for industrial purposes, adhesives used for paperhanging/adhesives for wallpaper, adhesives used for billposting, birdlime, adhesives used for wall tiles, cement used for footwear, cement used for mending broken articles, cement-waterproofing preparations, glue used for industrial purposes, except paints/cement-waterproofing chemicals, gums (adhesives), gluten (glue), other than for stationery or for household purposes, other than for stationery or for household purposes, mastic for leather, leather glues.
- Chemicals used in agriculture, horticulture and forestry, wood vinegar (pyroligneous acid)/pyroligneous acid), weed killers, vine disease preventing chemicals, tree cavity fillers (forestry), to insecticides/chemical additives to insecticides, to fungicides/chemical additives to fungicides, superphosphate(fertiliser) substrates used for soil-free growing (agriculture), soil conditioning preparations, slag(fertiliser), seed preserving substances, seaweeds (fertilizers), preparations of trace elements used for plants, potassium, potash water, potash, plant growth regulating preparations, phosphates (fertilisers), peat pots used for horticulture, peat (fertiliser), nitrogenous lime (manure)/calcium cyanamide (fertilizer), nitrogenous fertilisers, manure/ fertilizers for agriculture, loam, insecticides and parasiticides, insecticides and parasiticides, insecticides, humus/potting soil, humus top dressing, horticulture chemicals, hormones used for hastening the ripening of fruit, herbicides and parasiticides, herbicides, guano, grafting wax used for trees, grafting mastic for trees, glutinous tree-grafting preparations/glutinous tree-banding preparations/glutinous preparations used for tree-banding/glutinous preparations used for tree-grafting, genes of seeds used for agricultural production, fungicides, formic acid, flower preservatives, fish meal fertilizers, fertilizing preparations, expanded clay for hydroponic plant growing (substrate), except herbicides, except fungicides, except fungicides, earth for growing, compost, chemicals used for forestry, chemical, carbolineum used for the protection of plants, anti-sprouting preparations used for vegetables, agricultural chemicals, additives.
- Chemical compositions used in construction, brickwork preservatives, agglutinants for concrete, except paints and oils, except for paints and oils, except for paints and oils, cement preservatives, concrete preservatives, cement (metallurgy), concrete-aeration chemicals, except for paints and oils, except paints, used for masonry, damp proofing preparations, foundry sand, except for paints and oils, masonry preservatives, preservatives used for tiles.
- Detergents used in manufacture and industry, milk ferments for the industrial purposes, detergents for use in the manufacturing processes.
- Chemical compositions used for water treatment, water-purifying chemicals, water-softening preparations.
- Chemical materials and chemical preparations, and natural elements, zirconia, yttrium, ytterbium, xenon, wood pulp, wood alcohol, witherite, water glass (soluble glass), wallpaper removing preparations, vulcanising preparations, vulcanisation accelerators, vitriol/copper sulphate (vitriol), viscose, vinic alcohol, uranium oxide, uranium, unprocessed, tungstic acid, tragacanth gum for use by manufactures, toxic gas neutralizers, toluol/toluene, to motor fuel/chemical additives to motor fuel, to drilling muds/chemical additives used to drilling muds, titanium dioxide used for industrial purposes, titanite, thulium, thorium, thiocarbanilide, thallium, tetrachloride’s, terbium, tensio-active agents/surface-active chemical agents, tellurium, technetium, tartaric acid, tartar other than those used for pharmaceutical purposes, tan-wood, tannic acid, talc (magnesium silicate), sulphurous acid, sulphuric ether, sulphuric acids, sulphuric acid, sulphur, sulphides, substances used for preventing runs in stockings, strontium, stearic acid, starch size (chemical preparations)/dressing and finishing preparations used for textiles, spirits of vinegar (dilute acetic acid), spinel (chemical preparations), soot used for industrial or agricultural purposes, solvents used for varnishes, solidified gases used for industrial purposes, soldering fluxes, soldering chemicals/welding chemicals, sodium, soda ash, soap (metallic) used for industrial purposes, sizing preparations, size for finishing and priming, silver salt solutions used for silvering, silver nitrate, silicones, silicon, silicates, separating and unsticking (ungluing) preparations/ungluing preparations/unsticking and separating preparations, selenium, sebacic acid, sea water used for industrial purposes, scandium, scale removing preparations, sauce used for preparing tobacco, samarium, saltpetre/saltpetre, salicylic acid, Sal ammoniac spirits/spirits of salt, Sal ammoniac, rubidium, rubber preservatives, rhenium, renovating preparations used for phonograph records, refrigerating preparations/refrigerants, raw material), rare earths, radon, radiator flushing chemicals, quebracho used for industrial purposes, pyro Gallic acid, protective gases used for welding, protactinium, promethium, preservatives used for pharmaceutical preparations, preparations used for the separation of greases, preparations of the distillation of wood alcohol, preparations for preventing tarnishing of lenses, preparations for preventing tarnishing of glass, praseodymium, power steering fluid, potassium di oxalate, polonium, polish removing substances/substances used for removing polish, plutonium, picric acid, phosphorus, phosphoric acid, phosphatides, phenol used for industrial purposes, petroleum dispersants, perborate of soda, per sulphuric acid, per sulphates, per carbonates, pectin used for industrial purposes, paper pulp, palladious chlorides, oxygen, oxalic acid, oxalates, other than those for household purposes, other than for veterinary or medical purposes/chemical preparations used for analyses in laboratories, other than for veterinary or medical purposes, other than for veterinary or medical purposes, other than for medical or veterinary purposes, other than for household purposes, Or household or alimentary purposes, opacifiers used for glass, opacifiers used for enamel or glass, opacifiers used for enamel, olivine (chemical preparations), oleic acid, oil-separating chemicals, oil-purifying chemicals, oil-bleaching chemicals, oil dispersants, nitrogen, nitric monoxide/nitrous oxide, nitric acid, nitrates, nitrate paper, nitrate of uranium, neptunium, neon, neodymium, naphthalene, mould-release preparations/mould-release preparations, mordents used for metals, moderating materials used for nuclear reactors, mineral acids, methyl ether, methyl benzoyl, methyl benzene, methane, metalloids, metal hardening preparations, metal earths, metal annealing preparations/metal tempering preparations, mercury, mercuric oxide, manganite, manganese dioxide, magnetic fluid used for industrial purposes, magnesium chloride, magnesium carbonate, magnesite, litmus paper, lithium, Lithia (lithium oxide), liquids used for removing sulphates from batteries/liquids for removing sulphates from accumulators, limestone hardening substances, lime chloride, lime carbonate, lime acetate, lecithin used for industrial purposes, lecithin (raw material), lead oxide, lead arsenate, lead acetate, lanthanum, lamp black used for industrial purposes, lactose used for industrial purposes, lactose (raw material), lactic acid, krypton, kieselgur, ketones, kaolin/china slip/china clay, isotopes used for industrial purposes, isinglass other than for stationery, ion exchangers (chemical preparations)/ion exchangers (chemicals), iodine used for industrial purposes, iodine used for chemical purposes, iodic acid, industrial chemicals, hyposulphites, hypochlorite of soda, hydrogen peroxide/dioxide of hydrogen, hydrogen, hydrochloric acid, hydro chlorates, hydrazine, hydrate, holmium, helium, heavy water, gurja ) used for making varnish, gum solvents/degumming preparations, gum arabic used for industrial purposes, graphite used for industrial purposes, glycol ether, glycol, glycerine used for industrial purposes, glycerides, gluten used for industrial purposes, glucosides, glass-staining chemicals, glass-frosting chemicals, getters (chemically active substances), gelatine used for industrial purposes, gas purifying preparations/preparations used for the purification of gas, gas propellants used for aerosols, galvanizing preparations, galvanizing baths/baths used for galvanizing, Gallo tannic acid, gallium, gadolinium, fuller’s earth used for use in textile industry, fuel-saving preparations, fuel used for atomic piles, francium, foundry moulding preparations/foundry moulding preparations/foundry moulding preparations, foundry binding substances, formic aldehyde used for chemical purposes, fluorspar compounds, fluorine, fluids used for hydraulic circuits/liquids for hydraulic circuits, flowers of sulphur used for chemical purposes, flocculants, flashlight preparations, fissionable material used for nuclear energy, fissionable chemical elements, finishing preparations for use in the manufacture of steel, Ferro cyanides, fermium, fatty acids, fat-bleaching chemicals, except pigments used for the manufacture of enamel, europium, ethyl ether, ethyl alcohol, ethers, ethane, esters, erbium, enzymes used for industrial purposes, enzyme preparations used for industrial purposes, engine-decarbonising chemicals/chemical preparations used for decarbonising engines, enamel-staining chemicals, enamel- and glass-staining chemicals, emulsifiers, dysprosium, dry ice (carbon dioxide), dolomite used for industrial purposes, distilled water, disincrustants, dichromate of soda, dichromate of potassium, dichloride of tin, diatomaceous earth, dextrin size, detergent additives to petrol (gasoline)/detergent additives to gasoline (petrol)/detergent additives to gasoline, dehydrating preparations used for industrial purposes, degreasing preparations used for use in the manufacturing processes/grease-removing preparations for use in the manufacturing processes, defoliants, decolourants used for industrial purposes/bleaching preparations (decolourants) used for industrial purposes, cymene, cyanides (prussiates)/prussiates, curium, cryogenic preparations, crotonic aldehyde, creosote for chemical purposes, cream of tartar used for industrial purposes, cream of tartar used for chemical purposes, corrosive preparations, coolants used for vehicle engines, condensation-preventing chemicals, compositions used for threading, compositions used for the manufacture of technical ceramics, compositions for repairing tires (tyres)tire repairing compositions/tyre repairing compositions, combusting preparations (chemical additives to motor fuel), colour- brightening chemicals used for industrial purposes/colour-brightening chemicals used for industrial purposes, cobalt oxide used for industrial purposes, coal saving preparations, clarification preparations/purification preparations, citric acid used for industrial purposes, chromium oxide, chromic salts, chromic acids, chrome salts, chrome alum, chromates, cholic acid, chlorine, chlorides, chlorates, chimney cleaners, chemical substances used for analyses in laboratories, chemical reagents, chemical preparations used to prevent mildew, chemical preparations used for the manufacture of paints/chemical preparations used for the manufacture of pigments, chemical preparations used for protection against wheat blight (smut)/chemical used preparations to prevent wheat smut, chemical preparations used for facilitating the alloying of metals, chemical preparations, chemical intensifiers used for rubber, chemical intensifiers used for paper, chemical condensation preparations, chemical additives used for oils, chemical, chemical, chemical, cerium, ceramic glazing’s, ceramic compositions used for sintering (granules and powders), cellulose ethers used for industrial purposes, cellulose esters used for industrial purposes, cellulose derivatives (chemicals), cellulose, caustic soda used for industrial purposes, caustic alkali, cassiopium (lutetium)catalysts, casein used for industrial purposes, carbonic hydrates, carbonic acid, carbonates, carbon used for filters, carbon used black for industrial purposes, carbon tetrachloride, carbon sulphide, carbon, carbide, camphor used for industrial purposes, californium, calcium carbide, calcined soda, caesium, by-products of the processing of cereals used for industrial purposes, bromine used for chemical purposes, brazing preparations, brazing fluxes, boric acid for industrial purposes, borax, bone charcoal, blood charcoal, bismuth, biological preparations, biochemical catalysts, bicarbonate of soda used for chemical purposes, berkelium, benzoic sulphide, benzoic acids, benzene-based acids, benzene derivatives, bentonite, bauxite, basic gallate of bismuth, bases (chemical preparations), baryta, barium sulphate, barium compounds, barium, barites, balm of gurjun (gurjon, bacteriological preparations used for acidification, auxiliary fluids used for use with abrasives, astatine, arsenious acid, arsenic, argon, antranilic acid, anti-tarnishing chemicals used for windows, antistatic preparations, antimony sulphide, antimony oxide, antimony, anti-knock substances used for internal combustion engines, anti-incrustants, anti-frothing solutions used for batteries/anti-frothing solutions used for accumulators, antifreeze, anti-boil preparations used for engine coolants, animal charcoal, animal carbon preparations, animal carbon, anhydrous ammonia, anhydrides, amyl alcohol, amyl acetate, ammonium salts, ammonium aldehyde, ammoniac salts, ammonia alum, ammonia (volatile alkali) used for industrial purposes/volatile alkali (ammonia) used for industrial purposes, ammonia, americium, aluminium silicate, aluminium iodide, aluminium hydrate, aluminium chloride, aluminium alum, aluminium acetate, alumina, alum, alkaloids, alkalise, alkaline-earth metals, alkaline metals, alkaline iodides used for industrial purposes, alginates used for industrial purposes, aldehydes, alcohol, albumin ( vegetable or animal, adhesive preparations used for surgical bandages, additives, additives, actinium, acidulated water used for recharging batteries/acidulated water used for recharging accumulators, acids, acid proof chemical compositions, acetylene tetrachloride, acetylene, acetone, acetic anhydride, acetates (chemicals), acetate of cellulose.
- Compositions used for extinguishing and prevention of fire, fireproofing preparations, fire extinguishing compositions.
- Sensitized paper, sensitized paper, photometric paper, photographic paper.
- Compositions and materials used for treatment of leather and textile, wax-bleaching chemicals, used for skins, textile-waterproofing chemicals, textile-impregnating chemicals, textile-brightening chemicals, tanning substances, tannin, tan, sumac for use in the tanning, stain-preventing chemicals for use on fabrics, organic-bleaching chemicals, oils used for tanning leather, oils used for preparing leather in the course of manufacture, oils used for currying leather, moistening (wetting )preparations for use in the dyeing/wetting preparations for use in the bleaching/wetting preparations for use in bleaching, moistening (wetting ) preparations for use in textile industry/wetting preparations for use in textile industry, mangrove bark used for industrial purposes, leather-waterproofing chemicals, leather-renovating chemicals, leather-impregnating chemicals, leather-dressing chemicals, Gambier, fulling preparations for use in the textile industry, fulling preparations, except oils, currying preparations used for skins, currying preparations used for leather, catechu, bate for dressing skins/dressing.
- Photographic film, Chemical compositions and materials used in science, test paper, stem cells other than those used for medical or veterinary purposes, reagent paper, radium used for scientific purposes, radioactive elements used for scientific purposes, other than those used for medical or veterinary use, other than those used for medical or veterinary purposes, other than those used for medical or veterinary purposes, other than those used for medical or veterinary purposes, electrophoresis gels, diagnostic preparations, cultures of microorganisms other than those used for medical and veterinary use/preparations of microorganisms other than those used for medical and veterinary use, chemical preparations used for scientific purposes, chemical, biological tissue cultures other than those used for medical or veterinary purposes, bacteriological preparations other than those used for medical and veterinary use, bacterial preparations other than those used for medical and veterinary use.
- Salts used for industrial purposes,sulphates, sorrel salt, sodium salts (chemical preparations), salts used for industrial purposes, salts used for galvanic cells/salts for galvanic batteries, salts of precious metals used for industrial purposes, salts of alkaline metals, salts from rare earth metals, salts for colouring metal/salts used for colouring metal/salts used for colouring metal, salts (fertilisers), salts (chemical preparations), salt for preserving, salt, rock salts, raw, perchlorates, other than those used for foodstuffs, mercury salts, kainite, iron salts, iodized salts, gold salts, calcium salts, bismuth nitrate used for chemical purposes.
- Unprocessed and synthetic resins, synthetic materials used for absorbing oil, artificial resins, acrylic resins, unprocessed, brake fluid/brake fluids, unprocessed, epoxy resins, unprocessed, drilling muds, transmission fluid, synthetic resins unprocessed.
- Starches used for manufacturing and industry, the starch used for industrial purposes, other than those used for stationery or household purposes, starch paste (adhesive), ungluing agents (chemical preparations for liquefying starch)/starch-liquefying chemicals (ungluing agents), tapioca flour used for industrial purposes.
- Putties, and fillers and pastes used in industry, oil cement (putty), glaziers’ putty.
- Fillers used for vehicle body and tire repair, compositions used for repairing the inner tubes of tires (tyres), automobile body fillers/car body fillers/ fillers used for automobile bodies/fillers used for car bodies.
- Compositions used for food and beverages, wine finings, saccharin, protein (raw material), preparations used for stimulating cooking for industrial purposes, potato flour used for industrial purposes, pectin used for the food industry, oils used for the preservation of food, oenological bactericides (chemical preparations used in wine making)/chemicals used in fermenting wine, must-fining preparations, milk ferments used for the food industry, milk ferments used for chemical purposes, meat tenderizers used for industrial purposes, malt albumen, lecithin used for the food industry, lactose used for the food industry, iodized albumen, gluten used for the food industry, glucose used for the food industry, glucose used for industrial purposes, flour used for industrial purposes, ferments used for chemical purposes, enzymes used for the food industry, enzyme preparations used for the food industry, diastase used for industrial purposes, cream of tartar used for the food industry, chemical substances used for preserving foodstuffs, chemical preparations used for smoking meat, casein used for the food industry, beer-clarifying and preserving agents, beer preserving agents, artificial sweeteners(chemical preparations) animal albumen (raw material), alginates used for the food industry, agar-agar.
- Multi-class Trademark Application
- Trademark Class 5: Pharmaceuticals
- Trademark Classes
- Trademark Class 3: Cosmetics and Cleaning Substances
- Trademark Class 17: Rubber Products
- Trademark Class 2: Paints and Varnishes
- Trademark Class 4: Industrial Oils and Lubricants
- Trademark Class 21: Household Utensils
- Trademark Class 40: Treatment of Materials Services
- Trademark Class 29: Meat, Fish Poultry