The Indian Patent office has provided an opportunity for registered trademark owners to make any corrections in the trademark certificate until 9th October 2019.
CGPDTM has issued a public notice calling for any rectification in the trademark certificate issued to the applicants. The call for rectification was made after the office received various complaints from the stakeholders regarding the wrong details entered in the certificate.
The trademark office has also issued a specified format as per which the applicants can send their applications to the office.
The time limit for filing for the correction is 30 days of the notice date. This means that the applicants have to file any correction with the trademark office on or before 9th October 2019.
All the applicants or trademark agents have been called if they have to make any change in the registration certificate. The Trademark office requires the application to be made in a prescribed format only.
The applicants will have to specify the mistakes or changes in the form along with all documentary proof; to make the changes in the mark valid.
Say, for instance, the name of the proprietor in the registration certificate is wrong the applicant has to make sure that along with the application he sends his identity proof and the application number.
- Trademark Rectification
- The Madrid Protocol
- Import Export License: Documents, Process and Govt. Schemes
- How to Register a One Person Company
- How to change registered office of the company
- How to Alter the Memorandum of Association of a Company
- Trademark Application Status: Meaning, Types and How to Check
- How to Withdraw a Trademark Application in India?
- Share Certificate
- How to File for Trademark Rectification?