According to NICE Classification, Trademark Class 44 is opted to register a trademark for services includes medical care, hygienic and beauty care, as well as some agricultural services.
The NICE Classification was established in 1957 by NICE Agreement, and it divides marks into 45 different classes by Goods and Services (Classes 1-34 for Goods and Classes 35-45 for Services). The purpose of these classifications is to allow users to seek trademark goods or services into classes most appropriate to their business.
TM Class 44 includes services for medical care, hygienic and beauty care for both human beings and animals; it also includes services related to the fields of agriculture, horticulture and forestry.
Why Should We Opt For TM Class 44?
You would choose Trademark Class 44 if you were registering services related to:
- medical analysis services, treatment of persons, x-ray examinations and taking of blood samples.
- artificial insemination services.
- pharmacy advice
- animal breeding
- services relating to the growing of plants such as gardening
- floral art services such as floral compositions as well as garden design
Why you should not use TM Class 44
- vermin exterminating (other than for agriculture, horticulture and forestry) (Class 37)
- repair and installation services for irrigation systems (Class 37)
- ambulance transport (Class 39)
- animal slaughtering services and taxidermy (Class 41)
- timber felling and processing (Class 40)
- health clubs for physical exercise (Class 41)
- scientific research services for medical purposes (Class 42)
- boarding for animals (Class 43)
- retirement homes (Class 43)
A related trademark class is one that is related to another class; this is due to the Indian Trademark Office (ITO) has determined that applicants registering within Class 44 may register in these other classes too.
If you are not sure while choosing Class 44 for your service, you also consider the following “Related Classes”: Class 36- Insurance and Finance Services, Class 35 - Advertising and Business Services, Class 38 - Telecommunication Services, Class 40 - Material Treatment Services, Class 37 - Shipping and Travel Services, Class 41 - Education and Entertainment Services, Class 42 - Science and Technology Services, Class 39 - Transport and Travel Services, Class 43 - Food Services, Class 45 - Legal and Security Services.
Trademark Registration fees also vary on bases of the Class system. You must pay a separate registration fee for each class of goods and services that you want to register. For instance, if you are going to register a trademark for posters in Class 16 and shirts for Class 25, you should pay two separate fees.
It is necessary to choose the correct class at the time of registering a trademark, if you register a trademark in the wrong class, you must start the registration process from the beginning.
List of All Goods Covered Under TM Class 44
- Agriculture, horticulture, aquaculture and forestry services, horticulture and forestry, vermin exterminating for agriculture, tree surgery, tree planting for carbon offsetting purposes, farming equipment rental, aquaculture services, aerial and surface spreading of fertilizers and other agricultural chemicals.
- Farming(animals), animal breeding.
- Landscape design, floral design, landscape design, wreath making.
- Animal healthcare services, veterinary assistance.
- Animal grooming services, pet grooming, animal grooming.
- Human healthcare services, therapy services, speech therapy services, sanatoriums, rehabilitation for substance abuse patients, physical therapy, physiotherapy, nursing homes, midwife services, massage, hospices, health care, health spa services, health centres, health counselling, rest homes, chiropractic, aromatherapy services.
- Medical services, telemedicine services, plastic surgery, medical, nursing, medical clinic services, medical assistance, medical equipment rental, in vitro fertilization services, hospitals, hair implantation, blood bank services, artificial insemination services, alternative medical services.
- Dentistry, dentistry.
- Pharmaceutical services, pharmacy advice, pharmacists services to make up prescriptions.
- Opticians services, opticians services.
- Mental health services, services of a psychologist.
- Human hygiene and beauty care, solarium services, sauna services, rental of sanitation facilities, public baths for hygiene purposes, manicuring, hairdressing salons, beauty salons.
- Turkish baths, visagists services.
- Body art, Tattooing.
- Trademark Classes
- Multi-class Trademark Application
- Trademark Class 45: Legal and Security Services
- Trademark Class 31: Grains, Fresh Fruits & Vegetables
- Trademark Class 3: Cosmetics and Cleaning Substances
- Service Mark Registration in India
- Trademark Class 43: Food Services
- Trademark Class 1: Chemical Products
- Trademark Class 41: Education and Entertainment Services
- Trademark Class 5: Pharmaceuticals