According to NICE Classification, Trademark Class 41 is opted to register a trademark for education, training, and sports and entertainment services.
The NICE Classification was established in 1957 by NICE Agreement, and it divides marks into 45 different classes by Goods and Services (Classes 1-34 for Goods and Classes 35-45 for Services). The purpose of these classifications is to allow users to seek trademark goods or services into classes most appropriate to their business.
TM Class 41 includes services for education; providing entertainment; training; sporting and cultural activities. It also covers services rendered by persons or institutions in the development of the mental faculties of persons of animals, as well as services intended to entertain or to engage the attention.
Why Should We Opt For TM Class 41?
You would choose Trademark Class 41 if you were registering services related to:
- services pertaining to all forms of education of persons or training of animals.
- presentation of works of literature or visual art to the public for educational or cultural purposes.
- services with the basic aim of amusement, entertainment or recreation of people.
A related trademark class is one that is related to another class; this is due to the Indian Trademark Office (ITO) has determined that applicants registering within Class 41 may register in these other classes too.
If you are not sure while choosing Class 41 for your service, you also consider the following “Related Classes”: Class 36- Insurance and Finance Services, Class 35 - Advertising and Business Services, Class 38 - Telecommunication Services, Class 45 - Legal and Security Services, Class 37 - Shipping and Travel Services, Class 40 - Treatment of Materials Services, Class 42 - Science and Technology Services, Class 39 - Transport and Travel Services, Class 43 - Food Services, Class 44 - Medical and Vet Services.
Trademark Registration fees also vary on bases of the Class system. You must pay a separate registration fee for each class of goods and services that you want to register. For instance, if you are going to register a trademark for posters in Class 16 and shirts for Class 25, you should pay two separate fees.
It is necessary to choose the correct class at the time of registering a trademark, if you register a trademark in the wrong class, you must start the registration process from the beginning.
List of All Goods Covered Under TM Class 41
- Publishing and reporting, writing of texts, other than publicity texts, publication of electronic books and journals online, publication of books, publication of texts, providing online electronic publications, news reporters services, calligraphy services, layout services, electronic desktop publishing, news reporters services.
- Education, entertainment and sports, zoological garden services, toy rental, ticket agency services [entertainment], theatre productions, television entertainment, subtitling, services of schools, scriptwriting services, rental of camcorders/video cameras, rental of lighting apparatus for theatrical sets or television studios, rental of audio equipment, rental of radio and television sets, rental of video cassette recorders, rental of videotapes, rental of sound recordings, rental of motion pictures, rental of cine-films, rental of show scenery, rental of stage scenery, rental of movie projectors and accessories, recreation information, providing recreation facilities, radio entertainment, providing karaoke services, providing amusement arcade services, production of radio and television programs, production of shows, photographic reporting, party planning, organization of balls, organization of shows, orchestra services, night clubs, music halls, music composition services, movie studios, modeling for artists, presentation of live performances, holiday camp services, games equipment rental, game services, provided online from a computer network, entertainment information, amusements, entertainment, entertainer services, discotheque services, disc jockey services, club services, circuses, movie theatre presentations, cinema presentations, booking of seats for shows, arranging and conducting of concerts, beauty contests, amusement parks.
- Conferences, competitions and exhibitions, an organization of exhibitions for educational or cultural purposes, the organization of competitions, providing museum facilities, the organization of fashion shows for entertainment purposes, arranging and conducting of symposiums, conducting of seminars, arranging of seminars, arranging and conducting of conferences, arranging and conducting of congresses.
- Gambling, operating lotteries, gambling, providing casino facilities.
- Audio and video production, and photography, film production, other than advertising film, dubbing, microfilming, recording studio services, production of music, videotape editing, videotape film production, videotaping.
- Sports and fitness, sport camp services, timing of sports events, rental of sports grounds, rental of tennis courts, rental of stadium facilities, except vehicles, rental of sports equipment, rental of skin diving equipment, providing sports facilities, personal trainer services [fitness], organization of sports competition, health club services, providing golf facilities, conducting fitness classes, coaching [training].
- Library services, mobile library services, bookmobile services, lending libraries.
- Education and instruction, vocational retraining, vocational guidance, instruction services, tuition services, educational services, religious education, practical training, physical education, nursery schools, gymnastic instruction, educational examination, education information, correspondence courses, boarding schools, workshops [training], arranging and conducting of colloquiums, animal training, academies [education].
- Translation and interpretation, translation, sign language interpretation, language interpretation services.
- Trademark Class 43: Food Services
- Trademark Class 35: Advertising and Business Services
- Trademark Class 38: Telecommunications Services
- Trademark Class 45: Legal and Security Services
- Trademark Class 9: Computers and Scientific Devices
- Service Mark Registration in India
- Trademark Class 28: Games and Sporting Goods
- Trademark Classes
- Trademark Class 40: Treatment of Materials Services
- Trademark Class 39: Shipping and Travel Services