According to NICE Classification, Trademark Class 37 is opted to register a trademark for building construction, demolition, repair, and installation services.
The NICE Classification was established in 1957 by NICE Agreement, and it divides marks into 45 different classes by Goods and Services (Classes 1-34 for Goods and Classes 35-45 for Services). The purpose of these classifications is to allow users to seek trademark goods or services into classes most appropriate to their business.
TM Class 37 includes services rendered by contractors in the construction or renovation of buildings. One can use Class 37 for all the services served in construction and repair.
Why Should We Opt For TM Class 37?
You would choose Trademark Class 37 if you were registering services for:
- construction of buildings, roads, bridges, dams, transmission lines and services of undertakings specializing in the field of construction such as those of painters, plumbers, heating installers or roofers
- auxiliary services related to construction like inspection of construction plans
- service of shipbuilding
- the hiring of tools or building material related services
- repair related services which undertake to put any object into good condition after wear, damage or partial destruction.
- repair services related to furniture, electricity, instruments, tools and so on.
- maintenance services for preserving an object in its original condition without changing any of its properties.
A related trademark class is one that is related to another class; this is due to the Indian Trademark Office (ITO) has determined that applicants registering within Class 37 may register in these other classes too.
If you are not sure while choosing Class 37 for your service, you also consider the following “Related Classes”: Class 36- Insurance and Finance Services, Class 35 - Advertising and Business Services, Class 38 - Telecommunication Services, Class 40 - Material Treatment Services, Class 39 - Shipping and Travel Services, Class 41 - Education and Entertainment Services, Class 43 - Food Services, Class 42 - Science and Technology Services, Class 44 - Medical and Vet Services, Class 45 - Legal and Security Services.
Trademark Registration fees also vary on bases of the Class system. You must pay a separate registration fee for each class of goods and services that you want to register. For instance, if you are going to register a trademark for posters in Class 16 and shirts for Class 25, you should pay two separate fees.
It is necessary to choose the correct class at the time of registering a trademark, if you register a trademark in the wrong class, you must start the registration process from the beginning.
List of All Goods Covered Under TM Class 37
- Building, construction and demolition services, warehouse construction repair, underwater construction, sanding, roofing services, road paving, pumicing, plastering, pier breakwater building, masonry, harbour construction, factory construction, demolition of buildings, construction consultation, construction information, construction, building of fair stalls and shops, building sealing, damp-proofing of building, building insulating, building construction supervision, bricklaying, asphalting.
- Shipbuilding, shipbuilding
- Rental of tools, plant and equipment for construction and demolition services, rental of drainage pumps, rental of cranes, rental of construction equipment, rental of excavators, rental of bulldozers.
- Mining, and oil and gas extraction, quarrying services, mining extraction, drilling of wells, drilling of deep oil or gas wells.
- Installation, cleaning, repair and maintenance, underwater repair, varnishing, umbrella repair, swimming pool maintenance, street cleaning, painting or repair of signs, scaffolding, rust proofing, riveting, restoration of musical instruments, restoration of works of art, repair information, rebuilding engines that have been worn or partially destroyed, re-tinning, pump repair, pipeline construction and maintenance, photographic apparatus repair, parasol repair, paper hanging/wallpapering, interior and exterior, painting, maintenance and repair, office machines and equipment installation, machinery installation, laundering, knife sharpening, kitchen equipment installation, irrigation devices installation and repair, interference suppression in electrical apparatus, furnace installation and repair, freezing equipment installation and repair, film projector repair and maintenance, electric appliance installation and repair, chimney sweeping, carpentry services, burner maintenance and repair, boiler cleaning and repair, artificial snow-making services.
- Alarm, lock and safe installation, maintenance and repair, strong room maintenance and repair, safe maintenance and repair, repair of security locks, fire alarm installation and repair, burglar alarm installation and repair.
- Clock and watch repair, clock and watch repair.
- Computer hardware and telecommunication apparatus installation, repair and maintenance, installation, maintenance and repair of computer hardware, telephone installation and repair.
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning), heating equipment installation and repair, installation, maintenance and repair, air conditioning apparatus installation and repair.
- Re-inking and refilling of toner cartridges, toner cartridges, refilling of inks.
- Tire maintenance and repair, vulcanization of tires, retreading of tires.
- Building maintenance and repair, rental of sweeping machines, rental of cleaning machines, rental of cleaning and washing machines and equipment, cleaning of buildings, interior and exterior cleaning of buildings.
- Vehicle service, repair, maintenance and refuelling, vehicle breakdown assistance(repair), vehicle maintenance, vehicle service stations, vehicle polishing, vehicle lubrication, vehicle wash, motor vehicle maintenance and repair, aeroplane maintenance and repair, anti-rust treatment for vehicles.
- Glazing, installation, maintenance and repair of windows, glass and blinds, window cleaning services.
- Plumbing installation, maintenance and repair, plumbing.
- Cleaning and care of textile, leather, fabric, fur and goods made thereof, shoe repair, cleaning of clothing, clothing repair, renovation of clothing, washing, washing of linen, pressing of clothing, mending clothing, linen ironing, cleaning and repair, leather care, cleaning and repair, fur care, dry cleaning, diaper cleaning.
- Extermination, disinfection and pest control, rat exterminating, disinfecting, vermin exterminating, other than for agriculture.
- Trademark Class 12: Vehicles
- Trademark Class 11: Appliances
- Trademark Class 9: Computers and Scientific Devices
- Trademark Class 40: Treatment of Materials Services
- Trademark Classes
- Trademark Class 7: Machines & Tools
- Multi-class Trademark Application
- Trademark Class 28: Games and Sporting Goods
- Trademark Class 42: Science and Technology Services
- Trademark Class 44: Medical and Veterinary Services