According to NICE Classification, Trademark Class 25 is opted to register a trademark for clothing, footwear, and headgear.
The NICE Classification was established in 1957 by NICE Agreement, and it divides marks into 45 different classes by Goods and Services (Classes 1-34 for Goods and Classes 35-45 for Services). The purpose of these classifications is to allow users to seek to trademark a goods or services into classes most appropriate to their business.
TM Class 25 include clothing, footwear, and headgear.
You would not use Trademark Class 25 if you were registering for:
- Certain Clothing and Footwear for special use.
A related trademark class is one that is related to another class; this is due to the Indian Trademark Office (ITO) has determined that applicants registering within Class 25 may register in these other classes too.
If you are not sure while choosing Class 25 for your product, you also consider the following “Related Classes”: Class 14- Precious Metals, Class 19- Building Materials, Class 18- Leather Goods, Class 35- Advertising and Business Services, Class 24- Textiles and Class 42- Science and Technology Services.
Trademark Registration fees also vary on bases of the Class system. You must pay a separate registration fee for each class of goods and services that you want to register. For instance, if you are going to register a trademark for Chemicals in Class 1 and Rubber in Class 17, you should pay two separate fees.
It is necessary to choose the correct class at the time of registering a trademark, if you register a trademark in the wrong class, you must start the registration process from the beginning.
List of All Goods Covered Under TM Class 25
- Headgear, wimples, visors [headwear], turbans, top hats, skull caps, shower caps, mitres [hats]/miters [hats], mantillas, headgear for wear, hats, hat frames [skeletons], caps [headwear], cap peaks, berets, bathing caps.
- Clothing, aprons [clothing], ascots, babies' pants [clothing], bandanas [neckerchiefs], bath robes, bathing trunks/bathing drawers, bathing suits/swimsuits, beach clothes, belts [clothing], bibs, not of paper, boas [necklets], bodices [lingerie], brassieres, breeches for wear, camisoles, chasubles, clothing for gymnastics, clothing, clothing of imitations of leather, clothing of leather, coats, collar protectors, collars [clothing]/shoulder wraps, combinations [clothing], corselets, corsets [underclothing], cuffs/wristbands [clothing], cyclists' clothing, detachable collars, dress shields, dresses, dressing gowns, ear muffs [clothing], fishing vests, footmuffs, not electrically heated, fur stoles, furs [clothing], gabardines [clothing], garters, girdles, gloves [clothing], headbands [clothing], heelpieces for stockings, hoods [clothing], hosiery, jackets [clothing], jerseys [clothing], jumper dresses/pinafore dresses, knitwear [clothing], layettes [clothing], leggings [trousers], leggings [leg warmers]/leg warmers, liveries, maniples, masquerade costumes, mittens, money belts [clothing], motorists' clothing, muffs [clothing], neckties, outerclothing, overalls/smocks, overcoats/topcoats, pants/drawers [clothing], paper clothing, paper hats [clothing], parkas, pelerines, pelisses, petticoats, pocket squares, pockets for clothing, ponchos, pullovers/jumpers [pullovers], pyjamas/pajamas (Am.), ready-made linings [parts of clothing], ready-made clothing, saris, sarongs, sashes for wear, scarves/scarfs, shawls, shirt yokes, shirt fronts, shirts, short-sleeve shirts, singlets/sports jerseys, ski gloves, skirts, skorts, sleep masks, slips [undergarments], sock suspenders, socks, spats/gaiters, stocking suspenders, stockings, sweat-absorbent stockings, stuff jackets [clothing], suits, suspenders/braces for clothing [suspenders], sweat-absorbent underclothing [underwear]/anti-sweat underclothing/anti-sweat underwear, sweaters, teddies [undergarments], tee-shirts, tights, togas, trouser straps/gaiter straps, trousers, underpants, underwear/body linen [garments]/underclothing, uniforms, veils [clothing], waistcoats/vests, waterproof clothing, wet suits for water-skiing.
- Footwear, bath sandals, bath slippers, beach shoes, boot uppers, boots, boots for sports, esparto shoes or sandals, fittings of metal for footwear, football shoes/football boots, footwear, footwear uppers, galoshes/goloshes, gymnastic shoes, half-boots, heelpieces for footwear, heels, inner soles, lace boots, non-slipping devices for footwear, sandals, shoes, ski boots, slippers, soles for footwear, sports shoes, studs for football boots, tips for footwear, welts for footwear, wooden shoes.
- Trademark Class 26: Lace and Embroidery
- Trademark Class 28: Games and Sporting Goods
- Trademark Class 18: Leather Goods
- Trademark Class 21: Household Utensils
- Trademark Class 24: Textiles
- Trademark Class 12: Vehicles
- Trademark Class 6: Common Metals & Alloys
- Trademark Class 5: Pharmaceuticals
- Trademark Class 40: Treatment of Materials Services
- Trademark Class 29: Meat, Fish Poultry