According to NICE Classification, Trademark Class 45 is opted to register a trademark for services includes legal, security and related social.
The NICE Classification was established in 1957 by NICE Agreement, and it divides marks into 45 different classes by Goods and Services (Classes 1-34 for Goods and Classes 35-45 for Services). The purpose of these classifications is to allow users to seek trademark goods or services into classes most appropriate to their business.
TM Class 45 includes services for legal services, security services for the protection of property and individuals; personal and social services rendered by others to meet the need of individuals.
Why Should We Opt For TM Class 45?
You would choose Trademark Class 45 if you were registering services related to:
- legal services
- security services
- protection of property and individuals
- social services
Why you should not use TM Class 45
- Professional services giving direct aid in the operations or functions of a commercial undertaking (Class 35 - Advertising and Business Services)
- Services relating to financial or monetary affairs and services dealing with insurance (Class 36 - Insurance and Finance Services)
- Escorting of travellers (Class 39 - Shipping and Travel Services)
- Security transport (Class 39 - Shipping and Travel Services)
- Services consisting of all forms of education of persons (Class 41 - Education and Entertainment Services)
- Performances of singers or dancers (Class 41 - Education and Entertainment Services)
- Computer services for the protection of software (Class 42 - Science and Technology Services)
- Services provided by others to give medical, hygienic or beauty care for human beings or animals (Class 44 - Medical and Vet Services)
A related trademark class is one that is related to another class; this is due to the Indian Trademark Office (ITO) has determined that applicants registering within Class 45 may register in these other classes too.
If you are not sure while choosing Class 45 for your service, you also consider the following “Related Classes”: Class 36- Insurance and Finance Services, Class 35 - Advertising and Business Services, Class 38 - Telecommunication Services, Class 40 - Material Treatment Services, Class 37 - Shipping and Travel Services, Class 41 - Education and Entertainment Services, Class 42 - Science and Technology Services, Class 39 - Transport and Travel Services, Class 43 - Food Services, Class 44 - Medical and Vet Services.
Trademark Registration fees also vary on bases of the Class system. You must pay a separate registration fee for each class of goods and services that you want to register. For instance, if you are going to register a trademark for posters in Class 16 and shirts for Class 25, you should pay two separate fees.
It is necessary to choose the correct class at the time of registering a trademark, if you register a trademark in the wrong class, you must start the registration process from the beginning.
List of All Goods Covered Under TM Class 45
- Safety, security, rescue and enforcement services, security consultancy, rental of fire alarms, rental of fire extinguishers, rental of safes, personal body guarding, personal background investigations, opening of security locks, night guards, monitoring of burglar and security alarms, inspection of factories for safety purposes, guards, fire-fighting, baggage inspection for security purposes.
- Personal and social services, planning and arranging of wedding ceremonies, pet sitting, lost property return, house sitting, genealogical research, babysitting, adoption agency services, chaperoning in society.
- Astrological and spiritual services, horoscope casting.
- Rental of clothing, evening dress rental, clothing rental.
- Dating services, marriage agencies, dating services.
- Funerary services, funerals, undertaking, crematorium services.
- Religious services, the organization of religious meetings.
- Legal services, registration of domain names [legal services], meditation, litigation services, licensing of intellectual property, licensing of computer software [legal services], legal research, intellectual property consultancy, intellectual property watching services, copyright management, arbitration services, alternative dispute resolution services.
- Trademark Class 39: Shipping and Travel Services
- Trademark Class 43: Food Services
- Trademark Class 41: Education and Entertainment Services
- Trademark Class 40: Treatment of Materials Services
- Trademark Class 44: Medical and Veterinary Services
- Trademark Class 42: Science and Technology Services
- Trademark Class 37: Construction and Repair Services
- Trademark Class 38: Telecommunications Services
- Trademark Class 36: Insurance and Financial Services
- Trademark Class 35: Advertising and Business Services