According to NICE Classification, Trademark Class 30 is opted to register a trademark for coffee, flour, rice, cereals, bread, and confectionaries.
The NICE Classification was established in 1957 by NICE Agreement, and it divides marks into 45 different classes by Goods and Services (Classes 1-34 for Goods and Classes 35-45 for Services). The purpose of these classifications is to allow users to seek trademark goods or services into classes most appropriate to their business.
TM Class 30 includes coffee, tea, cocoa and artificial coffee; rice; tapioca and sago; flour and preparations made from cereals; bread, pastry and confectionery; ices; sugar, honey, treacle; yeast, baking-powder; salt; mustard; vinegar, sauces (condiments); spices; ice.
You would not use Trademark Class 30 if you were registering for:
- Salt for preserving other than for foodstuffs (Class 1 - Chemicals)
- Medicinal teas and dietetic food and substances adapted for medical use (Class 5 - Pharmaceuticals)
- Baby food (Class 5 - Pharmaceuticals)
- Dietary supplements (Class 5 - Pharmaceuticals)
- Raw cereals (Class 31 - Grains, Agriculture)
- Foodstuffs for animals (Class 31 - Grains, Agriculture)
A related trademark class is one that is related to another class; this is due to the Indian Trademark Office (ITO) has determined that applicants registering within Class 30 may register in these other classes too.
If you are not sure while choosing Class 30 for your product, you also consider the following “Related Classes”: Class 5- Pharmaceuticals, Class 1- Chemicals, Class 29- Meat, Fish, Poultry, Class 31- Grains, Agriculture, Class 33- Alcoholic Beverages, Class 32- Beers and Beverages, Class 43- Food Services, Class 42- Science and Technology Services and Class 35- Advertising and Business Services.
Trademark Registration fees also vary on bases of the Class system. You must pay a separate registration fee for each class of goods and services that you want to register. For instance, if you are going to register a trademark for Hardware in Class 6 and Software for Class 9, you should pay two separate fees.
It is necessary to choose the correct class at the time of registering a trademark, if you register a trademark in the wrong class, you must start the registration process from the beginning.
List of All Goods Covered Under TM Class 30
- Convenience food and savoury snacks, pasties, noodle-based prepared meals, meat pies, roasted, roasted/maize, corn, chips (cereals products), cheeseburgers (sandwiches), cereal-based snack food.
- Cookies ingredients, almond paste, baking powder, aromatic preparations for food, seawater for cooking, cooking salt, beer vinegar, baking soda (bicarbonate of soda for cooking purposes), almond confectionery.
- Chocolate, cake frosting (icing), candy decorations for cakes, caramels, dessert mousses (confectionery), custard, confectionery/ sugar confectionery, cocoa-based beverages, cocoa beverages with milk, cocoa, cinnamon (spice), chocolate-coated nuts, chocolate-based beverages, chocolate decorations for cakes, chocolate mousses, chocolate beverages with milk.
- Coffee, tea-based beverages, tea, coffee flavouring (flavourings), coffee-based beverages, coffee beverages with milk.
- Rice, rice-based snack food, rice pudding, rice cakes.
- Bread, tarts, dough, unleavened bread, crushed oats, yeast, wheat germ for human consumption, wheat flour, waffles, biscuits/cookies, cakes, cake batter, cake dough, cake powder, buns, breadcrumbs, bread rolls.
- Multi-class Trademark Application
- Trademark Class 31: Grains, Fresh Fruits & Vegetables
- Trademark Class 21: Household Utensils
- Trademark Class 32: Beers and Beverages
- Trademark Class 5: Pharmaceuticals
- Trademark Classes
- Trademark Class 11: Appliances
- Trademark Class 29: Meat, Fish Poultry
- Trademark Class 33: Alcoholic Beverages
- MARS Vs COCOVAA : Details Of The Trademark Infringement Case.