According to NICE Classification, Trademark Class 29 is opted to register a trademark for meat, fish, poultry, cooked fruits and vegetables, jellies and edible oils.
The NICE Classification was established in 1957 by NICE Agreement, and it divides marks into 45 different classes by Goods and Services (Classes 1-34 for Goods and Classes 35-45 for Services). The purpose of these classifications is to allow users to seek trademark goods or services into classes most appropriate to their business.
TM Class 29 includes meat, fish, poultry and game; meat extracts; preserved, frozen, dried and cooked fruits and vegetables; jellies, jams, compotes; eggs; milk and milk products; edible oils and fats.
Why Should We Opt For TM Class 29?
You would choose Trademark Class 29 if you were registering any of these types of goods:
- Ajvar (preserved peppers)
- Almonds, ground
- Apple puree
- Bone oil, edible
You would not use Trademark Class 29 if you were registering for:
- Baby food (Class 5 - Pharmaceuticals)
- Dietetic food and substances adapted for medical use (Class 5 - Pharmaceuticals)
- Dietary supplements (Class 5 - Pharmaceuticals)
- Salad dressings (Class 30 - Coffee, Flour, Rice)
- Fertilised eggs for hatching (Class 31 - Grains, Agriculture)
- Foodstuffs for animals (Class 31 - Grains, Agriculture)
- Live animals (Class 31 - Grains, Agriculture)
A related trademark class is one that is related to another class; this is due to the Indian Trademark Office (ITO) has determined that applicants registering within Class 20 may register in these other classes too.
If you are not sure while choosing Class 20 for your product, you also consider the following “Related Classes”: Class 8- Hand Tools and Implements, Class 11- Lighting, Heating, Cooking, Class 12- Vehicles & Vehicles Components, Class 17- Rubber, Asbestos and Mica, Class 20- Furniture and Plastic Goods, and Class 31- Grains and Agriculture.
Trademark Registration fees also vary on bases of the Class system. You must pay a separate registration fee for each class of goods and services that you want to register. For instance, if you are going to register a trademark for Pharmaceuticals in Class 5 and Dental Instruments and Apparatus for Class 10, you should pay two separate fees.
It is necessary to choose the correct class at the time of registering a trademark, if you register a trademark in the wrong class, you must start the registration process from the beginning.
List of All Goods Covered Under TM Class 29
- Mooring buoys, mooring buoys, not of metal.
- Locks and keys, locks, other than electric, not of metal, plastic key cards, not encoded, Door, gate and window fittings, locks, door bolts, not of metal, not of metal, for vehicles, door knockers, doorbells not of metal, not of metal, non-electric, door handles, not of metal, door fittings, not of metal, indoor window shades [furniture]/indoor window blinds [shades] [furniture], interior textile window blinds, latches, not of metal, knobs, not of metal, paper blinds, window fittings, not of metal.
- Non-metallic hardware, broom handles, not of metal, flagpoles, hinges, not of metal, fans for personal use, non-electric, identification bracelets, not of metal, for hospitals/identification bracelets, knife handles, not of metal, not of metal, for hospital purposes, mats, removable, for sinks/removable mats or covers for sinks, loading gauge rods, not of metal, for railway wagons, poles, not of metal, non-mechanical, for flexible hoses, reels, not of metal, reels of wood for yarn, silk, cord, scythe handles, not of metal, saw horses, shoulder poles [yokes], stair rods, staves of wood, tent pegs, not of metal, stakes for plants or trees, trays, not of metal*, tool handles, not of metal, winding spools, not of metal, non-mechanical, for flexible hoses.
- Valves, drain traps [valves] of plastic, valves, not of metal, other than parts of machines, water-pipe valves of plastic.
- Fastener, bolts, not of metal, dowels, not of metal/pegs [pins], brush mountings, not of metal/pins [pegs], nuts, not of metal, not of metal, plugs [dowels], not of metal/wall plugs, plugs, not of metal/bungs, not of metal, not of metal, rivets, not of metal, screws, Cable fasteners, not of metal, cable clips, not of metal/binding screws, not of metal, for cables, connectors and holders, cable or pipe clips of plastics/cable and pipe clips of plastics/pipe or cable clips of plastics.
- Pipe fastener, connectors and holders, Statues, figurines, works of art and ornaments and decorations, made of materials such as wood, decorations of plastic for foodstuffs,wax, plaster or plastic, included stuffed birds, plaster or plastic, busts of wood, wax, figurines [statuettes] of wood, wax, plaster or plastic/statuettes of wood, plaster or plastic, mobiles [decoration], wax, statues of wood, wax, plaster or plastic, wax figurines, stuffed animals, wind chimes [decoration], works of art of wood, wax, plaster or plastic.
- Furniture and furnishings, ambroid plates, armchairs, benches [furniture], baby changing mats, book rests [furniture], bottle racks, chests for toys, cabinet work, chests of drawers, chopping blocks [tables], costume stands, coatstands, counters [tables], cupboards, covers for clothing [wardrobe], standing desks, deck chairs, desks, doors for furniture, dinner wagons [furniture], divans, dressing tables, draughtman's tables, edgings of plastic for furniture, easy chairs, filing cabinets, domestic, fireguards/fire screens, flower-pot pedestals, footstools/stools, freestanding partitions [furniture], flower-stands [furniture] , furniture, furniture shelves, furniture of metal, furniture fittings, not of metal, furniture casters, not of metal, furniture partitions of wood/partitions of wood for furniture, garment covers [storage], gun racks, hairdressers' chairs, hat stands, head-rests [furniture], infant walkers, keyboards for hanging keys, high chairs for babies, index cabinets [furniture], lecterns, library shelves, massage tables, lockers, magazine racks, medicine cabinets, office furniture, mats for infant playpens, playpens for babies, plate racks, school furniture, racks [furniture], screens [furniture], seats of metal, seats/chairs [seats], settees, shelves for filing-cabinets [furniture], shelves for storage, sideboards, stands for calculating machines, sofas, table tops, tables of metal, tea trolleys/tea carts, tables*, towel dispensers, fixed, towel closets [furniture], fixed, not of metal/towel dispensers, trestles [furniture], not of metal, trolleys for computers [furniture]/carts for computers [furniture], trolleys [furniture], umbrella stands, vice benches, not of metal, typing desks/shelves for typewriters, washstands [furniture], wall-mounted diaper [napkin] changing platforms/baby changing platforms, wickerwork, work benches, writing desks.
- Beds, bedding, mattresses, pillows and cushions, air mattresses, air pillows, not for medical purposes, not for medical purposes, bed casters, not of metal, bed fittings, not of metal, air cushions, not for medical purposes, bedding, hydrostatic [water] beds, not for medical purposes/hydrostatic beds, except linen, not for medical purposes/water beds, not for medical purposes, beds*, bedsteads of wood, bolsters, cots/bassinettes/cradles, cushions, hospital beds, mattresses* pillows, sleeping bags for camping, pet cushions, spring mattresses, straw mattresses/straw mattress.
- Frames, embroidery frames, picture frames, mouldings [mouldings] for picture frames/ mouldings for picture frames/mouldings for picture frames, picture frame brackets/picture rods [frames].
- Mirrors (silvered glass), hand-held mirrors [toilet mirrors], mirrors [looking glasses], mirror tiles, silvered glass [mirrors], bamboo curtains, Blinds, and fittings for curtains and blinds, bead curtains for decoration, curtain hooks, curtain holders, not of textile material, curtain tie-backs, curtain rollers, curtain rods, curtain rings, curtain rails, slatted indoor blinds, pulleys of plastics for blinds, woven timber blinds [furniture].
- Clothes hangers and clothes hooks, coat hooks, not of metal/hooks, not of metal, for clothes rails, clothes hooks, not of metal, coat hangers/clothes hangers.
- Animal housing and beds, beds for household pets, comb foundations for beehives, beehives, dog kennels, honeycombs, fodder racks, nesting boxes, kennels for household pets, scratching posts for cats, nesting boxes for household pets, sections of wood for beehives.
- Unprocessed and semi-processed materials included in the class, not specified for use, ambroid bars, animal horns, animal hooves, bamboo, coral, animal claws, horn, corozo, unworked or semi-worked, unworked or semi-worked, ivory, mother-of-pearl, meerschaum, unworked or semi-worked, plaited straw, oyster shells, rattan, reeds [plaiting materials], except matting, shells, stag antlers, straw edgings, straw plaits, tortoiseshell, whalebone, tortoiseshell imitation, wood ribbon, unworked or semi-worked, yellow amber.
- Containers, and closures and holders thereof, bins, not of metal/chests, bottle casings of wood, not of metal, cases of wood or plastic/bins of wood or plastic/boxes of wood or plastic, containers, not of metal, for liquid fuel, containers, not of metal [storage, transport], floating containers, not of metal, packaging containers of plastic, meat chests, not of metal, reservoirs, not of metal nor of masonry/tanks, troughs, not of metal, for mixing mortar, not of metal nor of masonry.
- Baskets, baskets, not of metal,bakers' bread baskets, fishing baskets, Barrels and casks, barrels, not of metal, hampers [baskets], cask hoops, not of metal/barrel hoops, cask stands, not of metal, not of metal, casks of wood for decanting wine, vats, not of metal, casks, not of metal.
- Coffins and funerary urns, coffin fittings, not of metal, coffins, funerary urns.
- Letterboxes, letter boxes, not of metal or masonry.
- Closures for containers, bottle caps, not of metal, metal or rubber, bottle closures, not of metal/stoppers for bottles, not of glass, corks for bottles, corks, closures, not of metal, for containers, stoppers, not of metal/sealing caps, not of metal, screw tops, not of metal, for bottles, taps for casks, not of metal.
- Crates and pallets, crates, loading pallets, handling pallets, not of metal, mobile boarding stairs, not of metal, for passengers, transport pallets, not of metal, Ladders and movable steps, steps [ladders], not of metal, ladders of wood or plastics.
- Displays, stands and signage, display boards, house numbers, display stands, not of metal, inflatable publicity objects, non-luminous, nameplates, not of metal, not of metal/identity plates, newspaper display stands, not of metal/registration plates, number plates, not of metal, showcases [furniture], placards of wood or plastics, signboards of wood or plastics.
- Mannequins and tailors’ dummies, dressmakers' dummies, tailors' dummies, mannequins.
- Trademark Class 20: Furniture
- Trademark Class 6: Common Metals & Alloys
- Multi-class Trademark Application
- Trademark Class 24: Textiles
- Trademark Class 19: Building Materials
- Trademark Class 22: Ropes,Sacks & Bags
- Trademark Class 10: Medical Supplies & Instruments
- Trademark Classes
- Trademark Class 21: Household Utensils
- Trademark Class 16: Paper Goods