Naming a company requires pre-approval and a declaration shall be submitted by the promoter with the appropriate regulatory authority such as IRDA, RBI, SEBI, MCA for the usage of Insurance, Bank, Stock Exchange, Venture Capital, Asset Management, Nidhi, Mutual fund etc to include such words in the name of their company.
The Company name that includes the following will require Central Government approval:
(l) Small Scale Industries
(m) Khadi and Village Industries Corporation
(n) Financial, forest, Corporation and the like
(q) Development Authority
(r) Prime Minister or Chief Minister
(u) Forest corporation
(v) Development Scheme
(w) Statute or Statutory
(x) Court or Judiciary
Also, the usage of word Scheme with the name of Government, State, India, Bharat or any government authority or in any manner resembling with the schemes launched by Central, state or local Governments and authorities also require approval from Central Government
As per the Act, it is mandatory to suffix the type of Company name or should be shown as prescribed.
- Private Limited Company: The name of a private company should end with Private Limited or Pvt. Ltd, Private Ltd.
- One Person Company: should be written just beneath the name of the company
- Nidhi Company: Every company incorporated as a ‘Nidhi’ shall have the last word ‘Nidhi Limited’ as part of its name.
- Limited Liability Partnership: An LLP or Limited Liability Partnership should be suffixed along with its name
- Public Limited Company: It is not mandatory to mention ‘Public Limited Company or PLC for a company incorporated as Public Limited.
Since the naming compliance is being looked after by the CRC, any queries in this regard shall be answered by the authority at the below-mentioned address:-
Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA),
Plot No. 6,7, 8, Sector 5,
IMT Manesar, District Gurgaon (Haryana),
Click here to know more about Check Company Name
- Restricted Words List: Helps to choose a name for your Company
- Name Approval by CRC
- A Detailed Classification: Types of Companies in India
- Section 8 Company - Incorporation, Features and Advantages
- MSME Loans in India: Eligibility and Documents Requirement
- What is the Process for Registering a Company in India?
- Nidhi Company in India: Process, Eligibility and Benefits
- Incorporation Procedure of Nidhi Company
- Name Approval Guidelines as per Companies Act 2013
- Startup India Scheme: Concept, Eligibility and Registration